Specialized Lab Testing
Through arrangements with carefully selected laboratory partners we offer specialized testing, including:
LABRIX – Testing of hormones and neurotransmitters
SANESCO – Testing of hormones and neurotransmitters
Kashi Labs – Genetic Testing for weight management
For your convenience, we are able to complete some common tests in our office, such as: Urinalysis, Pregnancy, and Fecal Occult Blood.
Other specimens can be collected in-office, then sent to a licensed and certified lab for testing. As a component of our Women’s Health program, we are able to collect specimens for PAP and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) during your exam.
- Hormones are chemical signaling agents in the body
- Deficiencies or excesses can have debilitating effects, such as:
- Low Testosterone – loss of libido and energy
- High Estradiol – increased risk of breast cancer
- High Cortisol – your stress hormone; responsible for weight gain
Food Allergy Testing
- This is a comprehensive analysis of the foods to which you may have developed an allergy.
- People who benefit most from this testing experience nausea and bloating after eating certain foods.
- Commonly, these people have frequent diarrhea that is fatty and foul-smelling.
- People may become deficient in specific nutrients due to chronic illness, severe dieting, or other conditions.
- Deficiency of some nutrients can be debilitating:
- Iron deficiency causes anemia
- Folate deficiency causes birth defects
- B12 deficiency causes fatigue
- Vitamin D deficiency causes or has been linked to:
- Chronic or repetitive infectious diseases;
- Multiple Sclerosis
Comprehensive Stool Analysis
- An analysis of fecal matter will help to determine if a person is not digesting certain food stuffs. It will also help to determine if someone has picked up an intestinal parasite.