IV Nutritional Therapy is the practice of improving a patient’s nutritional status by adding nutrients intravenously.
Perhaps the most well-known of the several options available is the Meyer’s Cocktail, which is a combination of nutrients intended to be both restorative and preventive. This IV may be either Lactated Ringer’s solution or Normal Saline, to which is added Vitamin C, several of the B-complex vitamins, calcium, and magnesium.
Besides Meyer’s, other formulations can also be made for individual patients, depending on their needs, such as:
- Quench – Vitamin C, B-complex, plus multiple vitamins and minerals
- Recovery & Performance – Adds Amino acids and B12 to Quench
- Get Up & Go – B-complex, Amino Acids, and Carnitine
- Immunity – Vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12
- Anti-Aging – Nicotinamide, Adenine, and Dinucleotide – for protein synthesis
Note: All of our IVs are made to our order for you by a registered compounding pharmacy. A lead time of 1-2 days is usually required.