Thinking about having a baby? There are some things you need to know!
- Avoid alcohol! If a mom has more than a little sip of wine, beer or a mixed drink, the alcohol enters her bloodstream and goes to the baby. While her brain may be able to withstand this, her developing baby’s brain can’t handle it which may lead to mental retardation.
- Take high-quality vitamin supplements, especially B-12 and Folic Acid! These supplements are essential for proper development and are known to prevent defects such as Spina bifida.
- Eat Healthily! You are feeding a rapidly growing baby, and that baby needs protein – not sugar!
- Exercise! Be smart about it, but do continue to get your exercise. Now is probably not the best time to train for a triathlon, but continue to move: walk, swim, bicycle.
- Be smart! Don’t smoke! Don’t do drugs! Don’t use Medical Marijuana!
If you have questions about prenatal health or need a pregnancy test, check with us!